Stylish, versatile and practical
Are you looking for a stylish, yet practical rug? Have you ever decided against buying a beautiful rug, because you are worried your kids or pet would just get it dirty? Then our Recycled Plastic Bottles Rug – Flame Runner could be just what you are looking for! It looks like wool and it feels like wool, but it was made from 100% recycled plastic bottles. This means it is highly durable, stain resistant and super easy to clean (just hose it down)!
This rug is great for people with allergies or people who follow a vegan lifestyle, because no animals were used in manufacturing this rug. And besides all this it is also just a very stylish runner that would look great in your home! We would recommend this rug for your hallway, kitchen, bathroom or patio, but you could really use it anywhere.
Not only are our Recycled Plastic Bottles rugs very stylish, they come with a number of great advantages:
- Stain resistant: although the material will absorb fluids, the fiber itself will not easily take in any color.
- Easy maintenance: cleaning your rug couldn’t be easier. Just hose it off with your garden hose or hold it under a running tap and clean with a soft detergent. Smaller rugs could sporadically be washed on low temperature in the washing machine.
- Mold, mildew resistant: making this type of rug ideal to use in slightly moist places such as your bathroom.
- Natural looking: pet yarn very much resembles the look and feel of wool.
- Durable: pet yarn is very durable and long lasting, making it an excellent choice for your patio or any high traffic area.
- Colorfast: the material is colorfast
- Vegan: no animals were used in the creation process of this rug.
- Eco-conscious: last but not least, these rugs are very sustainable. Each rug contains a number of plastic bottles that are recycled into yarn and therefore will not end up as landfill or contribute to the plastic soup in our oceans.
This is a Bonam Home unique design that was handmade in India.
Colors: brown, light yellow and brick
Material: traditional handwoven Indian Dhurrie rug made from 100% recycled plastic bottles (P.E.T.)
Size: 160 x 80 cm / 5.3′ x 2.6′
Perfect for: high traffic areas that can get dirty or damp, such as your hallway, kitchen, bathroom or kids rooms or outdoors. But can be used anywhere really.
Note: This item has been handmade and imperfections are expected. Please note that these are not manufacturing flaws but tell the story of a vibrant culture and tradition.
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO KNOW?
Even though there are many reasons to rave about our recycled PET yarn rugs you should take note that
- Our rugs, just like wool rugs, will shed a little at first. You can vacuum them (turn brush setting off) to remove shedding.
- It is advised to place an anti-slip rug to prevent your rug from sliding.
- PET yarn rugs are flammable. We strongly advice to keep your rug away from open fire, or any place in risk of sparks such as your fireplace.